Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Lost My Kisses


I totally missed the bloggy-bus as far as posting stories for Halloween and Christmas. So! Here's a Valentine's Day story, before Valentine's Day!

Actually, this story isn't about Valentine's Day. It's about kisses. But do you see how there's a connection between the two? Haha. I checked out waaay too many Valentine's Day and love-related books from the library for Little Boy this week. So far, this is one of my favorites..

Matilda is a little cow (calf?) who has "lost her kisses." This is a tragedy, because her daddy is flying home on an airplane today, and the first thing he always says to her is, "Where's my smoocheroo?" So she goes searching for her kisses, asking her friends, family, and the grocery store clerk where those darn kisses might be.

The illustrations are A-DORABLE. (I seem to talk a lot about illustrations on this blog, don't I?) Really, I just want to squeeze Matilda's chubby little cow cheeks. Good illustrations are a little bit lost on Little Boy, but that's excusable...he is, after all, a four-year-old boy.


I Lost My Kisses
Written by Trudie Trewin, illustrated by Nick Bland
Age range*: 2-6
My rating: 4 stars [out of five]

*Age ranges are very flexible.

Full disclosure: I don't receive any compensation for reviewing children's books--the books are usually just checked out from the local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...