Thursday, February 3, 2011

If You'll Be My Valentine

If You'll Be My Valentine

This is one of my fav-o-rite Valentine's Day stories. We discovered it last year, and it was the only one that I INSISTED on checking out from the library again.

Each page of the story has a little rhyming verse starting with, "If you'll be my valentine...," aimed at a different member of his family. Oh, that includes his pets. And his teddy bear, I think. And the reader, at the end.

The illustrations are cute, of course (I'm starting to wonder...are there any illustrations that I don't like?). My Little Boy likes the rhymes, especially "treaties" rhymed with "feeties" on the page about the boy's puppy.

If You'll Be My Valentine
Written by Cynthia Rylant, illustrated by Fumi Kosaka
Age range*: 2-5
My rating: 5 stars [out of five]

*Age ranges are very flexible.

Full disclosure: I don't receive any compensation for reviewing children's books--the books are usually just checked out from the local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...