Thursday, April 28, 2011

Oh, the Places You'll Go!



Another quick one.

So, this is one of those Seuss classics. People love this book.

Don't get me wrong, I really like it. It's very inspirational. But I don't think most little kids get the metaphor. Little Boy, for example, likes the rhyming and the funny illustrations. He really likes the book. But he doesn't get it.

So, I think this is one of those stories that are written for adults more than kids. I see that in picture books quite a bit, actually. And sometimes that's a good thing, I guess--both the child and the adult can get something out of the book.

Oh, the Places You'll Go!
Written by Dr. Seuss
Age range*: 4-8
My rating: 4 stars [out of five]

*Age ranges are very flexible.

Full disclosure: I don't receive any compensation for reviewing children's books--the books are usually just checked out from the local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...