Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Belly Button Book!



[First off, I just want to say that I think more children's books should have an exclamation point in the title. Exclamation points are fun.]

Okay, this one's a board book; I'm pretty sure that it's aimed at kids younger than Little Boy. But Little Boy thinks it's really funny, so it's still in regular rotation around here.

If you've read anything by Sandra Boynton (and you really, really should), you know that most of her children's books are colorful, silly, a little ridiculous, and warm and fuzzy--all at the same time.

This one, like I said, is one of our favorites. It's about hippos and their feelings about their belly buttons (spoiler: they LOVE their belly buttons). So silly. Oh, and it rhymes. Give it a read with the little ones at your house--I betcha they'll laugh.

Belly Button Book!
Written by Sandra Boynton
Age range*: 1-5
My rating: 4 stars [out of five]

*Age ranges are very flexible.

Full disclosure: I don't receive any compensation for reviewing children's books--the books are usually just checked out from the local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...