Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fox in Socks


I don't usually write about classic kids' books on this blog--I figure enough has been said about them already. Unless I have something specific to say about a particular book. Which I do. Now.

I really like Fox in Socks.

It might just be because I'm a word nerd, but I like reading the tongue-twisters with Little Boy. I like the way the words sound together. My very favorite part is the tweedle beetle battle at the end.

So, it's a fun one. If you're not into tongue-twisters, or you don't think your child would enjoy it, no big deal. Pick something else off the shelf--Dr. Seuss has stories for everyone.

Fox in Socks
Written by Dr. Seuss
Age range*: 3-6
My rating: 4 stars [out of five]

*Age ranges are very flexible.

Full disclosure: I don't receive any compensation for reviewing children's books--the books are usually just checked out from the local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...