Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Whoever You Are


I read once (somewhere) that children need to be taught about why people are different. If parents ignore the issue, kids are left to try to figure it out on their own--and trust me, they notice differences.

So sometimes I'll check out a book like this. A lot of them are a little too poetic or touchy-feely for Little Boy to understand, but this one is simple. Straightforward. The message is that whoever you are, wherever you are, we all have similarities and differences.

I think Little Boy is getting it. We'll see.

Whoever You Are
Written by Mem Fox
Age range*: 3-6
My rating: 4 stars [out of five]

*Age ranges are very flexible.

Full disclosure: I don't receive any compensation for reviewing children's books--the books are usually just checked out from the local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...