Thursday, August 11, 2011

It Wasn't My Fault


This is my dad's favorite children's book.

My dad isn't really a "children's book" kind of guy, and he certainly isn't a "reading children's books to children" kind of guy. Why does he like this book? Because the main character's name is Murdley Gurdson.

And I'll admit, that's a pretty good name.

Anyway, poor Murdley is a total klutz, and everything is always his fault. One day, a bird lays a (huge!) egg on his head, and Murdley knows that's not his fault. And he really, really wants to find out whose fault it is.

This book is a little bit like the last book I reviewed, Go To Sleep, Gecko, in that the circle of blame eventually comes back around to the main character. This one's a lot funnier than Gecko, though. I mean, how could you go wrong with a character named Murdley Gurdson?

It Wasn't My Fault
Written by Helen Lester
Age range*: 4-6
My rating: 4 stars [out of five]

*Age ranges are very flexible.

Full disclosure: I don't receive any compensation for reviewing children's books--the books are usually just checked out from the local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...