Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Caps for Sale



I just Googled this title and found out it was published in 1938. Whoa, mama! Now, that's a classic.

Caps for Sale is the story of a peddler who, when he can't sell any caps one day, has some trouble...with some monkeys. And that's all I'm gonna say, because I don't want to spoil it for you.

My family likes Caps for Sale a lot. Little Boy just plain likes it, and it's fun for me or Isaac to read the monkey parts. Y'know, those monkey parts that I'm not going to tell you about. Now go read it for yourself!

Caps for Sale
Written and illustrated by Esphyr Slobodkina
Age range*: 2-5
My rating: 4 stars [out of five]

*Age ranges are very flexible.

Full disclosure: I don't receive any compensation for reviewing children's books--the books are usually just checked out from the local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...