Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Russell the Sheep

I'm baaack! Haha. I've had less time for blogging lately, and since my personal blog is my top priority (as far as blogging goes), I haven't been here in awhile. So...hi!

Russell's a sheep. And he can't sleep. All the other sheep are sleeping peacefully, but not Russell. He tries lots of things to get to sleep, but nothing works. He even tries counting sheep--that is, his friends--but still can't sleep until he realizes that he forgot to count himself. He finally falls asleep just as all the other sheep are waking up.

This story is FUNNY. And it's the best kind of funny, when some of the humor comes from the text and some of the humor is in the illustrations. Little Boy absolutely loved it.

Russell the Sheep
Written and illustrated by Rob Scotton
Age range*: 3-7
My rating: 5 stars [out of five]

*Age ranges are very flexible.

Full disclosure: I don't receive any compensation for reviewing children's books--the books are usually just checked out from the local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...