Sunday, April 24, 2011

Snow Rabbit, Spring Rabbit


I liked this one better than Little Boy did.

I think the story wasn't quite strong enough to hold Little Boy's attention. The rabbit watches while other animals migrate or hibernate for the winter, then sees signs of spring. It's a good book for pointing out what other animals do in the winter, and the rabbit's fur turns brown in the spring, so I guess you can get a little science lesson out of it.

But what I really loved about it--I'm about to gush, here--are the illustrations. I know, I always like the illustrations. (Probably because I'm a terrible artist.) But these illustrations are gorgeous. I'd hang them on my wall.

Amazon says, "Done in ink and oils, overlaid and enhanced digitally with various shapes and layers, the art is vibrant and sports unusual colors with whimsical details."

So...yeah. What they said. I'd recommend this book just to check out the art work.

Snow Rabbit, Spring Rabbit
Written by Il Sung Na
Age range*: 2-5
My rating: 4 stars [out of five]

*Age ranges are very flexible.

Full disclosure: I don't receive any compensation for reviewing children's books--the books are usually just checked out from the local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...