Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Leaves



I checked Leaves out because it looked like a good story for fall--which it is, I guess. It's really more of a fall-winter-spring story.

The story is about a bear, who notices one day that the leaves are falling off of the trees (this seems to be a common beginning for fall stories). He tries to put the leaves back--something I've also seen in a lot of fall stories--but it doesn't work, of course.

So he accepts that it's fall, and he uses the leaves to make a soft bed for himself. The story follows the bear through his winter hibernation and into spring, when he notices little leaf buds sprouting on the trees. Yay!

There isn't a lot of text, which makes this a good story for younger kids. And I like the illustrations a lot--they have a fun, doodle-y feel to them.

Leaves
Written by David Ezra Stein
Age range*: 3-6
My rating: 3 stars [out of five]

*Age ranges are very flexible.

Full disclosure: I don't receive any compensation for reviewing children's books--the books are usually just checked out from the local library.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...