Friday, September 16, 2011

Fletcher and the Falling Leaves


Okay, so this one's definitely about fall.

This one starts out a little bit like Leaves. Fletcher (he's a little fox) notices that the leaves are falling off his favorite tree. So he tries to put them back on, which is really cute. He goes on to realize that that's how fall is, and that his favorite tree is going to be alright.

I like the painted illustrations in this story--they're pretty. I think a lot of the text went over Little Boy's head--the descriptions in the story are beautiful and flowery, but I don't think the vocabulary is age-appropriate. By which I mean, I think this book is aimed at kids who don't understand the big words in it yet. But that might just be Little Boy.

Overall, I think it's a nice fall book. It's probably best for kids who are a bit older.

Fletcher and the Falling Leaves
Written by Julia Rawlinson
Age range*: 5-7
My rating: 3 stars [out of five]

*Age ranges are very flexible.

Full disclosure: I don't receive any compensation for reviewing children's books--the books are usually just checked out from the local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...